BanyanTree is recruiting for Systems Engineer/IT Support BanyanTree – Our clients are public and private Education providers with a focus on Technical and Vocational Education and Training TVET and Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics STEM across several states in Nigeria. Job Title:Systems Engineer/IT Support Job Description
• This role provides general IT technical support and services to the organization to ensure its frictionless operation across all locations. Function-Specific Activities
• Troubleshoot equipment by creating and/or using methods and tools to resolve problems, evaluate improvements or determine/justify ways to improve efficiency and lifecost.
• Troubleshoot department and/or field computer and database problems/issues and work as needed to resolve.
• Generate, document and execute a plan to select and/or develop technology including managing the change control process, in order to meet the project’s specific objectives
• Identify, prioritize and implement new initiatives or special projects by gathering and analyzing data in order to improve product or information quality
• Write detailed & accurate reports for analyses, experiments or projects e.g., equipment validation, evaluation of new processes .
• Develop and implement changes to or redesign tools or processes to improve organizational performance and quality, increase work efficiency, and/or reduce costs.
• Evaluate effectiveness of current tools or processes by testing and modifying solutions, tracking results, gathering feedback, and reviewing impact on baseline measures.
• Develop and communicate a clear charter for a project or initiative with clarity of scope and expected outcomes.
• Lead an effort to create a project or an initiative plan includes tasks, resources, and timeframes by gaining input from appropriate parties and obtaining management sign-off and commitment.
• Analyze data and produce reports to assist in analysis and decision making.
• Build and develop relationships with peers and others to exchange feedback on product/service issues, identify and/or solve problems, assess needs, and/or achieve business results.
• Take action to reduce costs that are focused on creating greater efficiencies, economies of scale or better quality resources for a project team, department, or business unit.
• Comply with government laws and regulations, and Company-specific policies, procedures, and standards.
• Provide input to plans and strategies for a business unit, department, or project to satisfy internal client or external customer requirements.
• Provide input to a decision about an investment or expenditure. Qualifications Education: • Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant experience Additionally:
• Applicants are required to state in 250 to 300 words why they are best suited for the advertised role, providing clear evidence that applicant has worked with successfully in the past and in a similar or related capacity
• Applicants should also indicate their willingness to travel and/or be posted outside our Lagos and Abuja offices