US$8K–US$11.5K a month
SENIOR PROJECT CONTROL MANAGER
Responsible for implementing the preconstruction, construction, commissioning and project closeout phases of a development project with an emphasis on establishing and maintaining project controls and completing projects in a timely and cost effective manner. He must have demonstrated skills in negotiating, coordinating and directing work of subcontractors, and in developing strong working relationships with general contractor personnel, subcontractors, inspectors, and other related parties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To manage the project control resources required to deliver a multiple million pound cross functional engineering project.
• To support the project manager with progress reporting including schedule updates, forecast to complete, variance identification and opportunities for improvement. Accountabilities:
• The management of the project cost control team including cost engineers, planners and QS.
• Provide project controls management including baseline schedule development and management, performance status and reporting, baseline change control, risk management, earned value management guidance and tools.
• Advice and consult on the application of effective planning techniques and controls (earned value, cost and schedule variance, estimates at completion, critical path analysis). • Support programme integration, governance, formats, plan optimization, and project controls best practices.
• Support and advice on the definition of Project Controls and Earned Value Management policies, procedures and the standards required to deliver projects.
• Support the development of integrated master schedules for specific programmes in Primavera and/or Microsoft Project that reflect all interface milestones and activity durations from multiple contractors’ schedules and feed changes to the integrated master schedule.
• Monitor and control programme compliance in respect of the projects contractual obligations.
• In discharging these responsibilities they are responsible for:
• Ensuring the Project controls team produce weekly / monthly reports in line with the project and company reporting calendar, providing details on progress, actuals, forecast and explanation of variances.
• Ensure that project controls processes are consistently applied across the project.
• Manage governance to ensure robust cost and schedule performance for the agreed Scope of Work across integrated programmes managed across multiple suppliers.
• Support and advice on the definition of Project Controls and Earned Value Management policies, procedures and the standards required to deliver projects
• Support the development of requirements for specific resource-loaded schedules.
• Work closely with the Project Manager, commercial manager and Project QS to maximize the potential of the project.
• * Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
• Holds regular status meetings with the Project departments.
• Keeps Project team well informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news.
• Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
• Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
• Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
REQUIREMENTS AND SELECTION CRITERIA
• Minimum 10+ years’ experience in a similar role
• Effective communication within team and with stakeholders
• An experienced user of the relevant Programme tools, techniques
• Experience in the implementation of Earned Value Management based Project Control systems, in accordance with relevant national standards
• Experience in working on projects
• Practical ability to utilize critical project management concepts (e.g. EVM, project planning, risk analysis, configuration management
• Computer literate & experienced in Microsoft Office applications.
• Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
• Able to manage team of employees and multiple projects
• Experienced at compiling and following strict budgets
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Accurate and precise attention to detail
• Goal-oriented and organized leadership
• Able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
• In-depth understanding of the construction industry
• Self-motivated and self-directed
• Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office; Microsoft Project and experience with Project Management software preferred
• Organized and able to create multiple timelines, budgets, and schedules
• Knowledge of local, state, and federal building code regulations
• Able to build solid relationships with team members, vendors, and customers
• Ability to understand situations (strategic pertinence and anticipation)
• Good communication skills (ability to understand and make himself/herself understood)
• Strong Leadership and communication skills required Teamwork
• Client Management
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or related field from an accredited university
• 10+ years experience as Project Control Manager or in a similar position in Oil and Gas industry